300g Penne Pasta
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
250g Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tsp Crushed Garlic
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1 Bag McCain Creamed Spinach
1 Tbsp Cake Flour (or Maizena)
1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Cream (substitute with Milk)
1 Cup Grated White Cheddar
1. Prepare pasta by cooking according to package instructions until cooked.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C and set aside an oven-safe dish which will be used to bake the pasta.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil and cook onions and mushroom until onions are translucent.
4. Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan and cook until garlic is fragrant.
5. Remove McCain Creamed Spinach from bag and microwave from frozen for 6 minutes then add to pan.
6. In a mug, create a slurry by combining the cake flour and vegetable stock.
7. Add slurry to pan and the additional cream (or milk), mix together to combine. Add 1/4 of cheese to the pan. Mix to combine then remove from heat.
8. Add cooked pasta to oven-safe dish, add layer the creamed spinach mix atop the cooked pasta. Top off with remaining cheese.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The cheese should be melted and bubbling but not burnt.