– Potatoes: 4 cups, thinly sliced
– Butter: 3 tablespoons
– Flour: 3 tablespoons
– Milk: 1 1⁄2 cups
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Cayenne pepper: 1 dash
– Grated sharp cheddar cheese: 1 cup
– Grated cheese: 1⁄2 cup, to sprinkle on top
1. First, melt butter in a small sauce pan then blend in flour. You can then let sit for 60 seconds.
2. You’ll want to add all of cold milk; stir with a whisk. And please season with salt and cayenne.
3. Cook sauce on low, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until smooth and boiling. Then go ahead and reduce heat and stir in cheese.
4. Alright, you’re going to get a lightly greased one quart casserole dish and place a half of the sliced potatoes.
5. Make sure half of cheese sauce is poured over potatoes.
6. At this point, you need to repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
7. Ok now, go ahead and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and top with some paprika for color.
8. To finish, please bake uncovered at 350°F, it takes around 60 minutes.