*For 2 dozen:
#For the dough:
Butter: 1.78 oz
Salt: 1 pinch
Zest of one lemon
Sifted flour: 1 1/3 cups
#For the filling:
Egg yolks: 2
Cornstarch: 3 tablespoons
Condensed milk: 1 jar
Butter: 1 tablespoon
Vanilla essence: 2 teaspoons
#For the chocolate dip:
Drinking chocolate: 1 cup (grated)
Butter: 1/4 cup
1. To start off the recipe, you need to boil 1/4 cup of water with the butter then add the salt and lemon zest.
2. Once done, remove from the heat and add the flour all at once. And please stir vigorously with a wooden spoon.
3. After that, you can return to the heat until the dough comes off the pan in a single block, stirring constantly, it takes around a few seconds.
4. Time done, remove from heat and add the eggs one at a time. And please stir vigorously between additions.
5. Using two teaspoons, pour form eclairs about 8 cm long on a buttered baking tin. bake in a hot oven until they puff up, it takes around 10 minutes. You can then lower the heat and leave for 10 or 15 minutes more.
6. Permit them cooled in the oven.
7. Alright, mix the egg yolks with the cornstarch, being careful to dilute with the condensed milk dissolved in a jar of water (milk container). Place over low heat and continue stirring until it thickens and add the butter or margarine and the vanilla.
8. Once it has thickened, remove from the fire and let it cool.
9. Now that it is cooled, you can cut a slit in one side of the eclairs and fill them with the cooled cream.
10. Make sure the chocolate is melted in a bain-marie at this stage. You’ll want to add the butter and coat the eclairs with this sauce. Always remember to leave them to bake before serving.